Terms & Conditions
Driver-renter must be 23 yrs old at least and have a valid Driving License held for at least one year prior to rental period. An International Driving License is required by Greek Law for all driver- renters that are not citizens of the European Community or who do not have a European Drivers permit. Also an International Driving License must accompany any driving License in characters that are not readable in English or Greek. The maximum rental age is 65 years.
Additional drivers are subject to the same age and license requirements as the driver-renter of the vehicle.
The minimum rental period for online bookings is one day.
When collecting the vehicle:
- All driver-renters need to have:
- A validDrivingLicense.
- Passportor ID
- Reservation number(for online reservations)
- The driver-renter will be given a Rental Agreement which has to check and sign. The Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/insurances that the driver-renter might request with their relevant charges.
- It is very important that the driver-renter checks and reports any means of damages on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter.
In case the driver-renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without any prior written or telephone conversation, Meltemi car rentals will cancel the reservation after 1 hour. Meltemicar rentals reserves the right to not return any deposit.
The vehicle is delivered to the driver- renter in good overall condition and without apparent defects. Any complaints as to its condition must be made to Meltemicar rentals immediately on delivery. The driver- renter agrees to return it with all accessories and in the same condition at the location, time and date designated in the Rental Agreement, otherwise renter will be responsible to compensate Meltemicar rentals in addition to the normal rental charge. Meltemicar rentals reserves the right to take back the vehicle at any time without demand at driver- renter’s expense if the vehicle is used in violation of the Rental agreement
Condition of Use
The driver- renter is expected to look after the vehicle, and to return it at the same condition as it was when it was picked up, and generally to behave in a prudent manner. Any repair of the vehicle by the driver- renter or any other person without permission is not allowed. Vehicle must not be used :a) to tow any vehicle, to trailer or other object b) to participate in racing or to follow Rallies c) if the driver- renter or any other authorized drivers are under the influence of alcohol, medication, drug etc. d) in contravention of any customs, traffic or other regulations e) by any other third person than the driver- renter and any additional driver for purpose contrary to the Greek Law.
At the end of the agreed rental period, Meltemicar rentals allows a grace period of 15 minutes free of charge after which, the renter will be charged with 1/3 of one day’s rental fee per hour after the agreed return time which is written at the Rental Agreement.
Payment can be done when you will pick up the car. We accept cash and visa or mastercard credit and debit cards.In case you wish to pay by credit or debit card you have to request this from Meltemicar rentals in advance.
Cancellation/Amend your reservation
In case you wish to cancel or amend your reservation please e-mail us to email@example.com call Meltemicar rentals Reservations Department at +30 22840 22558. We will appreciate an early notification in case you need to cancel or amend your reservation.Deposits are not refundable.
All authorized drivers of Meltemicar rentals vehicles are covered with Third Party Insurance. Above coverages are subject to General Terms of the Meltemicar rentals’ insurance contract with its Insurer.
Third Party Insurance (TPI)
It’s included in the price of the Meltemicar rentals’ rented vehicle and covers third parties and passengers (except the driver of the Meltemicar rentals’ vehicle), up to 1.000,000 euros and material damages to third parties up to 1.000,000 euros.
Full Insurance (CDW)
Full Insurance (Collision Damage Waiver) is available with an extra cost of 10 euros per day, with excess amount that limits the customer's financial responsibility for damage to the rental vehicle. The maximum excess that is payable in the event of an accident will vary depending on the vehicle category you are renting. The excess amount ranges from about €500 to €2,000 and will be specified in the Rental Agreement of the vehicle directly with Meltemicar rentals. C.D.W. covers repair cost in case of an accident .This type of insurance is not valid for damages underside of the vehicle,to interior and the roof.Also is not valid for windows, glass screens, rims, canvas roofs, wheel covers, mirrors, the antenna, tires and other accessories. CDW is valid only if the full terms and conditions of the rental agreement and the Greek Traffic Law have not been violated. Mandatory condition is that the driver-renter completes and signs the Meltemicar rentals’ Accident Report (according to the article K70 of the Greek Traffic Law)before the end of the rental,regardless his responsibility or not. No insurance is valid:
- If the driver-renter of the vehicle is unauthorized from Meltemi car rentals and therefore not included as a driver in the rental agreement.
- When the driver-renter causes an accident under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- When the vehicle is not returned on date and at the time of return which is written at the Rental Agreement
- When the vehicle was driven with a flat tire or damaged.
- When the driver-renter violates Greek Traffic Law by driving fast and recklessly.
- When the vehicle has been driven on not asphalt paved roads, taking part in racing or other illegal activities.
- If the vehicle is illegally parked.
- Lostordamaged key
- If the vehicle is damaged or stolen by renter's culpability or negligence, the driver-renter will be liable, up to the total vehicle’s commercial value at the time of accident or theft.
- For damages caused intentionally or by negligence.
- For damages caused by incorrect fuel.
- For damages caused as a result of a breach of the Rental Agreement’s terms and conditions.
- For damages caused while Meltemicar rentals’ vehicle was on board ship or while the vehicle was not driven on Paros island. Meltemicar rentals does not refund orreplacesanyvechicleincaseofanaccident because ofthe driver-renter’s fault.
Personal Belongings & Valuables
Meltemi carrentals is not liable for personal belongings / Valuables that were stolen / lost from the vehicle or damaged during an accident. Loss or damage of key In case of loss or damage of key during the rental period, the driver-renter is liable for the cost of replacement with a new one.
In case of an accident
In case of an accident or any other incident (fire, theft etc.) the driver-renter is responsible to follow the insurance procedure as set below:
- Contact Meltemicar rentals’ immediately Telephone: +30 22840 22558, Mobile: +30 6977123665
- Take photos of the accident
- Obtain names and addresses of eyewitnesses and the name and the addresses of the driver and the data of the vehicle, with which vehicle may have collided.
- Do not acknowledge third party claims
- Complete and sign an accident report
- Do not accept any responsibility or fault for the accident, until the police have found the guilty party.
- Call the policeifnecessary
Meltemicar rentals vehicles are not allowed to be transported by ferry boat without written permition.AlsoMeltemicar rentals vehicles are not allowed to be used outside Paros island due to insurance restrictions. Please note that any damage during transit will be paid in full by the driver –renter.
Delivery and Collection
Delivery and Collection is free. You can pick up or drop off your chosen rental vehicle anywhere on the island for free of charge 7 days a week from 08:00 to 22:00. After Office Hours Delivery and Collection are subject to a 10€ charge and is payed locally. Also Delivery and Collection at some areas are charged differently due to distance. Please check our online booking system for more details. The difference is calculated automatically upon area selection.
Fuel consumption is always payable by the renter. The renter is obliged to return the vehicle with the same level of fuel, when the rental period began otherwise a charge of gasoline* in addition to a refueling fee of 10€ will apply. UNLEADED FUEL only to be used in our vehicles. Meltemicar rentals does not give refunds for excess fuel. * Depends on the valid average fuel cost.
Vehicles are reserved by vehicle category and not by vehicle model.Meltemicar rentals reserves the right to provide a different vehicle model to that originally reserved of an equivalent or higher vehicle category.
Available only upon request for free. Subject to availability
All rates and charges include VAT 24% and Local Taxes
- The renter of his representative acknowledges that he acquires no rights other than state in the Rental Agreement.
- All additional authorized drivers are jointly and severally liable with the driver-renter under the Rental Agreement.
- The Rental Agreement supersedes any other written or verbal agreement between Meltemicar rentals and renter.
- Any and all disputes which may appeal between Meltemicar rentals and renter will be settled before the competent courts of Greece.
If the driver- renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he has to contact Meltemicar rentals in order to extend his Rental Agreement upon availability.
Terms and Rates
Subject to change without prior notice. Rates in force on commencement of rental will apply as approved by the Greek National Tourist Association.